MESA’s long term global partner, Earth Net Foundation (ENF) is excited to be developing a CITA program in Thailand to invite beginning farmers and agriculture students interested in sustainable community development and self-sufficiency to learn from its organic farmers and farmers’ organizations.
CITA Stewards will have the opportunity to live and train with MESA alumni and their farming communities, experiencing rural culture in beautiful Thailand. MESA alumni are thrilled to bring their training programs to a full circle now as host farmers in their communities. Along with MESA’s outstanding network of Thai alumni, CITA Stewards will have the opportunity to work with educators at Wanakaset Learning Center and the Khao Kwan Foundation.
The program will include a 3-day starter course mixing beginning Thai language and Thai self-sufficiency basics. After this cultural and ecological immersion, CITA Stewards will live and work in the field with some of the most recognized and respected new generation organic farmers, many of them MESA alumni, and their farming organizations. The program will conclude with a 3-day exit seminar and debrief at Khao Kwan Foundation where CITA Stewards will have the opportunity to share stories and celebrate the completion of the program with fellow CITA participants.
December 28th, 2012- January 25, 2013
Rolling Application Deadline: December 7th
Meet in Bangkok for orientation, travel to host farm included
- Pre-departure language preparations, materials and resources
- Comprehensive pre-departure information packet
- Hotel night and meals in Bangkok upon arrival
- 3-day orientation, excursions, and training
- Introduction to Agroecology webinar with UC Berkeley Professor, Dr. Miguel Altieri
- All local, program-related transportation
- Room and board for 4-weeks
- Training on international MESA-affiliated farms and community-based organizations (CBOs)
- Hands-on instruction and mentorship from experienced farmers
- Academic coursework facilitated by experts in the field
- Course readings and materials
- 3-day exit seminar and debrief at Khao Kwan Foundation in Suphanburi
- International medical and travel insurance
- 24/7 emergency contact and support abroad
- Ongoing MESA alumni resources, networking, and support
- Certificate of International Training in Agroecology awarded upon completion of all requirements
Visit the CITA Thailand webpage for more information.